Calling all fans, all realities, all media! The Fan Art Contest is over and we’ll be posting entries daily until they are all shared. Kathe Koja will then choose the winners! But you are welcome to share your fan art with us in our Fan Art Gallery here: Fan Art Gallery – Dark Factory
~ Grand Prize & Best Video – “They Dance to Dionysus” by Tony Evans
~ Best Audio – “the music (melbourne bounce mix)” by James Taylor, Jr. featuring Jen Read (from ELSIE BINX)
~ Best Artwork [TIE] – “Mister Minos” by Casey Gallagher
~ Best Artwork [TIE] – Artwork by Kyle Lynch
3d / Video/Animated / Audio
- Entries can be Artwork, Video or Audio. See official contest rules for more details.
- Entries must be submitted by August 31, 2022, 11:59 pm (ET).
- All entries will be displayed in a digital gallery at Darkfactory.club
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $50 Giftcard for the Meerkat Press store (https://meerkatpress.shop) plus a one-of-a-kind piece of Dark Factory wearable Jewelry by Sofia Ajram (https://sofiazakia.com/) = Value $250
- In addition, one (1) First Prize winner will be selected for each of the three categories: Artwork, Video, and Audio. These three winners will each receive a $25 Giftcard for the Meerkat store (https://meerkatpress.shop) = Value $25
- Anyone over 18 can participate
- Fan Art style can be whatever you desire, inspired by feelings of play, pleasure, and the freedom to go wild! For more visual inspiration, check out DarkFactory.club as a mood board and read the book, it is sure to inspire you!
- All skill levels are welcome!
Read on for the official rules of the contest. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
DARK FACTORY FAN ART CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: DARK FACTORY FAN ART CONTEST begins on May 19, 2022 12:00 AM (ET) and ends on August 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the \”Contest Period\”).
The sponsor of this Contest is MEERKAT PRESS (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at INFO@MEERKATPRESS.COM during the Contest Period.
2. CONTEST RULES:
a) The term “Fan Art” as it is used for this contest includes: for this contest includes:
1) Artwork: 2D/3D, digital or physical; photography; mixed media. See format guidelines below.
2) Videos: teasers, film, animation. See format guidelines below.
3) Audio: music, songs, creative sound effects with spoken word. See format guidelines below.
b) Submissions must be made via the contest submission form by August 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm (ET). Late submissions will not be accepted or considered.
c) Submissions formats:
1) Artwork must be high resolution JPEG or PNG files. For 3D entries up to 3 images can be submitted of various angles. Files preferably under 10 MB but no bigger than 30 MB.
2) Videos must be mp4 format, all standard aspect ratios are acceptable (square or rectangle). Files preferably under 100 MB but no bigger than 1 GB.
3) Audio must be mp3 format. Files preferably under 100 MB but no bigger than 1 GB.
d) The only requirement for submissions is that the work be original work of the submitter and that it must be inspired by DARK FACTORY by Kathe Koja.
e) The sponsor MEERKAT PRESS and author KATHE KOJA may post submissions on their respective social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.) and reserve the right to do so without first notifying the artist. All artists will be credited and all posts tagged with #DarkFactoryFanArtContest. Contestants should include their social media handles in their submission if they wish to be tagged. Contestants are also encouraged to use the hashtag #DarkFactoryFanArtContest if they post on their own social media.
f) Artists will retain copyright of their entries. MEERKAT PRESS and Kathe Koja will have the right to display submissions on their respective websites and social media in perpetuity.
g) MEERKAT PRESS and Kathe Koja will retain all rights (including copyright, trademark rights and related rights) to the Dark Factory Brand and related IP Assets.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age (the \”Entrant\”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \”Promotion Entities\”), are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law
One (1) Grand Prize Winner (any category eligible) will receive a $50 Giftcard for the Meerkat Press store (https://meerkatpress.shop) plus a one-of-a-kind piece of Dark Factory wearable Jewelry by Sofia Ajram (https://sofiazakia.com/) = Value $250
One (1) 1st Place Prize Winner in the Artwork category will receive a $25 Giftcard for the Meerkat store (https://meerkatpress.shop) = Value $25
(1) 1st Place Prize Winner in the Video category will receive a $25 Giftcard for the Meerkat store (https://meerkatpress.shop) = Value $25
(1) 1st Place Prize Winner in the Audio category will receive a $25 Giftcard for the Meerkat store (https://meerkatpress.shop) = Value $25
All entries will be displayed in a digital gallery at Darkfactory.club
Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Enter the Contest during the Contest Period which begins on May 19, 2022 12:00 AM (ET) and ends on August 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM (ET)
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Contest Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
6. JUDGING / SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Contest will be judged by the author, Kathe Koja and winners selected from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period. The judging will be completed within 15 days after the Contest Period. Judges decisions are final.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION & ANNOUNCEMENT: Winners will be announced on the MEERKAT PRESS website and notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information by September 15, 2022. Winners must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 15 days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \”the Prize Claim Documents\”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.